CLASS HAS BEEN POSTPONED!
Dr. Katz' Nutrition Detectives
This class is for your kids. It is an innovative program for elementary school children. It shows them "5 clues" to read food labels and detect marketing deceptions while learning to identify and choose healthful foods. Empower your kids with the information to make their own healthy choices around food!
During this program, your child will learn:
• How food choices affect health and abilities.
• How food choices relate to short-term performance goals.
• Why eating badly is so easy, and why eating well can be so challenging.
• How to recognize deception in food advertisements.
• How to become familiar with food labels.
• The 5 main things to look for on a food label as a basis for making better choices.
Sunday, March 18th
Treasure Valley Midwives
207 W. Washington St. in Boise
$5 admission includes a healthy snack. Please bring with you 2-3 empty food packages to use for the label reading activities. To register, go to: http://boisenutritiondetectives.eventbrite.com/
Space is limited so sign up today! You may pay at the door if you have RSVP’d by email at firstname.lastname@example.org